Our Church

At Mapperley CE Primary School, we have strong links with Holy Trinity Church and the church community in the village. Reverend Gill leads regular worship in both school and church. At key times during the year families are invited to join school at church for worship, these include: Harvest Festival, Remembrance worship, Christingle, Carol Service, Mothering Sunday Worship, Easter worship and Leavers' worship. 

"I'm Rev Gill, the local Rector (aka Vicar). It is my privilege to serve the school, community and Church here in Mapperley, as well as their sister Churches and communities in West Hallam, Stanley and Stanley Common. I love seeing the children at my monthly Collective Worship sessions in Mapperley C of E Primary - they are so welcoming, bright and engaging: a real credit to their parents and the school. It is also wonderful when the school and community join us in worship in Church, both in the week and on the occasional Sundays. Again, it is a real boost to the community and (hopefully) the pupils to feel that they are part of something bigger than themselves."

WSSM Churches Together- this is the combined website for the 6 churches in the villages of Mapperley, Stanley, Stanley Common and West Hallam, which are situated between Derby and Nottingham, to the west of the town of Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

CEOPS